Qatar’s Integrated Public Transport Network Unveils First Brand Campaign
Doha – Qatar
Sila, the brand that brings together the State of Qatar’s public transport modes into an integrated network, unveiled its first brand campaign, titled “Sila Takes You There”.
Sila’s first brand campaign has unveiled the Sila mobile app and website. This is a major milestone for Sila and a significant step towards achieving an integrated public transport network. The app and website feature a number of functions designed to make travel easier, smarter and more convenient. These functions include:
- A journey planner to help travelers select the times, transport modes and routes that suit them best, using step-by-step directions; with the app providing real time navigation
- Information about public transport station locations, routes, and timetables.
- A flight tracking feature that helps users plan their trips to and from the airport.
- Account registration allowing passengers to personalize the journey planner, such as saving favorite trips and destinations in the State of Qatar.
- The latest news about Sila.
- A list of events happening in the State of Qatar and how travelers can use the integrated public transport network to get to them
Commenting on the launch, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Khalid Al-Thani, Director of the Technical Affairs Department at MOT said, “Sila was created with the aim to make travel around the country as efficient and as convenient as possible, by integrating different public transport modes. In doing this, we are enabling a more connected travel system for Qatar’s communities.
The launch of the Sila app and website is only the beginning; the final phase of Sila’s launch will fully integrate the country’s public transport network, with Sila becoming the sole and official public transport information hub after adding more projects, initiatives, and services in the future.
Sila was launched by the MOT, in collaboration with public transport providers (Qatar Railways Company, Mowasalat (Karwa), Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development and Msheireb Properties). Currently it includes the metro, bus, tram, and taxi. It is being launched in phases and will include several initiatives such as integrated payment methods, introducing new services and transport modes and promoting the public transport network through public awareness and marketing initiatives to reach a wide audience within The State of Qatar.
Qatar’s citizens and residents are encouraged to follow Sila’s newly launched social media pages to get the latest updates.